Known as the Bass River Side of Salem, Beverly became a separate town in 1668.
Ancient Burial Ground, 15 Abbott Street. Burial place of Rev. John Hale (1636-1700) and his family, including second wife Sarah (Noyes) who was accused but not arrested in 1692 (d. 1697).
Beverly Historical Society, 117 Cabot Street. Research Library and Archives include books, records, photographs, newspapers, maritime documents and genealogical records.
Beverly Public Library, 32 Essex Street.
Online Books & Records
Beverly in 1700 by Sidney Perley
Old Naumkeag: an historical sketch of the city of Salem, and the towns of Marblehead, Peabody, Beverly, Danvers, Wenham, Manchester, Topsfield, and Middleton by Charles Henry Webber and Winfield S. Nevins (1877)
Primary Research (school project)
Vital Records of Beverly to End of 1849 (marriages, deaths)
Dorcas Hoar really was a witch from Genealogy Ink